Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Choose whatever metaphor you like

Have you missed me?
Because I missed you.

The good thing about not writing a blog for a while is that there is a lot of material.
Right?
Hmmm.

 Look at those gd'ed hippies!

The big news around here is berrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (that's my drumroll)........ I want to be a drummer.
IT SNOWED! I take this to mean that all my complaining worked!
Unfortunately, this beautiful snow is long gone now and not to return.
But I sure appreciated and enjoyed it while it lasted.

So today is my first day of vacation. I am not doing anything school-related all day. All blog, reading (pleasure reading, NOT journal articles or text books), shopping, groceries, radio show, run. I better get this day going.

Except I did have to email a student who had an 86.1 average why I couldn't give him an A-. Those crazy kids.
So reading - I am reading The Help, partially on the recommendation of my fellow blogger and friend. It's a great book, I am plowing through it, happily, because I have a long plane ride to Florida coming up and I am hoping to bring The Girl Who Played With Fire.... Christmas Break is the time to reduce that stack of "to be reads" and add to it of course, what is a better Christmas gift than a book?

So groceries - I don't think that a lot of vegans are reading this blog, but on the off chance that some other crazy vegan is googling around and finds me - we have been eating GOOD lately.
I just found a recipe for VEGAN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO! I have tried a lot of this lady's inventive recipes, all are delish. Dinner tomorrow. I wanted to make it tonight, but my man is getting together with his band this afternoon and then we have radio show at 8pm. He doesn't want me to get mad at him when he gets in the door at 7:35 and we have to eat in the studio. Again.

You might think friends, that being a vegan is not fun on Thanksgiving. And you may have even teased me... one word - TOFURKEY. It's good. Believe it.

Before our home meal we had a pre-Thanksgiving meal from Cornbread Cafe, which was amazing. I love that place, but I have to admit, after every meal I feel like I need to sit on the couch for two hours and watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. It's all their fault I tell you.
My man and I have to split when we go there. 

And, jumping ahead, we ate there again last night and had the Eugenewich. Unreal. Any food that causes spontaneous moaning is, embarrassing, yet wonderful. It is southern-fried tofu, barbecue sauce (what is BBQ sauce? Seriously, I want to know), fried onion rings and carrots, tomato, soy cheese...

But for the "homemade" part.... Look at this dork!

I can't believe how predictable we are. But we had tofurkey for the first time and it was so good. So good.
Look at that Mound on the right! Momma bird loves 
to tell me how my man is always hungry. He's fine! 

We ate early and headed to good old KWVA. It was a nice way to celebrate. I am thankful for our radio show. Last week we did a 90s show that was FIERCE if I do say so myself. My man heard the "Best DJ in Eugene" (as voted by Weekly readers) say something about how 90s music sucks and the 90s were the worst decade musically. Well, we had been planning a 90s show for a while and that was all it took to challenge him to a music-awesome-off duel. It was really fun. Tonight we are doing "Some Like it Hot." We have been watching some classics lately and getting inspired. Last night it was Citizen Kane. What a fantastic movie, I forgot how great it is. Wow. Rewatch it if you haven't lately! Call to action alert!
Tangent - in order to get really psyched (90s!) for the 90s show, we went to the midnight showing of Pump Up the Volume. My Christian Slater Supercrush returned in full force. Also, we were the ONLY ones in the theater. Afterwards (like around 1:30am) we decided to grab a beer and went to Max's. Didn't realize at the time that
1) super close to campus 
PLUS
2) night before last Duck's football game
EQUALS
Pigeon's students present. And wasted.
At least I was sober.

See you soon guys. xo

3 comments:

  1. My cousin was a vegan (and is still) when I was growing up in South Carolina and always had a tofurkey for Thanksgiving with our family. And to be honest it is good! Miss you and happy holidays, Allison xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. BBQ sauce = High Fructose Corn Syrup + Awesomeness!
    Tis' the season!! Cheers to you and the man!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhmmm, metaphor: My Girl being My Girl being My Girl... The nest looks so sweet with the snow about! And the other pictures are great. I like the one of you while you are cooking~ I hope you make the Alfredo for me and Dad. Are you going to blog about Florida? Very funny comment about your wasted students. Talking about students- I saw pancake boy at the mall yesterday! Love you and can't wait to see you in just 3 days.... your room is ready. Love you, Momma Bird

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good...