Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'll Be Holding All the Tickets

Hey Guys.
Little disheartened after my epic post about the music of the year... I hope that many of you silently appreciated it and maybe found some new stuff to check out. This week I thought I'd share a little gem. And a little knowledge. Apparently, it's pronounced Bon eevair - NOT Bon I-Vur like I've been saying (on the radio no less) for ever. This song might bring a tear to your eye.


Not much to say right now except there has been quite a bit of music binging going on around here. While some painful blisters (from flats, believe it or not. That'll teach me to try to wear shoes that are just simply not the correct size) are keeping me from my running, I am compensating with some brandspankingnew LPs. And while my marathon man is out running his 10 miler right now, I'll write you a blog abot it.
My man got me this beaut for xmas, but it took its sweet time arriving. It just got here this week.

Well worth the wait. Matter of fact, this is what I am listening to right now, not my boneevair I also just purchased on vinyl.

Psst - I heard he's got a new one coming out very, very soon. Pass it on.
Lastly, I finally purchased this album, which was on my best 2010 list. I feel that if I like it that much, it's crazy to keep listening to it on Grooveshark. Plus I really eat up these marketing gimmicks. IT COMES WITH STICKERS PEOPLE!


 And I even got some used records, which is not my forte, I have to admit. Some Rolling Stones and Beatles stuff. And, you guys, the Eugene Record Convention isn't even until NEXT week! Yikes. I was trying to figure out where all the money is going all time. It's records. Lunch and records. I am going to try to withdraw cash before the convention and set that as my limit (undecided amount right now). But, as my man says, what if you find a gem? Well, then I will get it, right? They take cards, I'm sure.

BUT, back to the "tickets" referenced in the title - we are even more gluttonous with live music this month. WEEN is in 5 days. I have never been to the Crystal Ballroom. And we are staying at this cool (seeming) hotel the Mark Spencer, which let's you name your own price. I'll report back. I'm only slightly nervous. I'll be the crazy one yelling OOH LA VA!

We are waiting on word if we win the lottery for free "dj" tickets for a plethora of WOW Hall shows coming up. Ra Ra Riot, Yo La Tengo, Asylum Street Spankers.....
Others we couldn't leave to chance. So we have the tickets in our hot little hands for Cold War Kids and Ryan Bingham.

On a related note. We will not be going to Coachella. Ally, I am sorry you had to hear the bad news like this. It's just crazy! The hotels around there are raising nightly prices to like $500 a night during the festival, it's even more insane than the actual lineup. After the "mice in the campground" incident of 2010, we have been a bit soured on the camping at festivals. My man said he would require the VIP package. Sweet, only $700 additional. Sasquatch isn't looking too likely either, with the Foo Fighters as headliners. We shall see. The lineup is released in early Feb. Maybe just 1 or 2 days?

So, yeah, pretty much the excitement around here is musical. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good...