Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

There's No Darkness A Loomin

So if you follow me on my radioshow page or my FB page, you probably know that I was getting a little impatient about the sophomore release from Fleet Foxes.

I personally apologize to Robin Pecknold for the doubt because these guys killed it with this album. Which is probably not a good description because what they did is more like these guys met it at an art museum, took it out for coffee and ended up riding it on the handlebars of a cruiser bike while drinking red wine, eating strawberries and riding off into the sunset with this album.

It's pretty beibing good. And again I am in love. 

I usually imagine my faithful readers clicking my intro videos and using them as a sort of soundtrack to my writing, but today, I hope that you just watch the video.


Fleet Foxes - Grown Ocean from Helplessness Blues

Wasn't that incredible? 

I may have mentioned this before, but Fleet Foxes were here in Portland a couple weeks ago. And as major fans, we knew about the presale and bought the tickets immediately... even though in the back of my mind I felt like "May 1st... isn't there something I am doing that day?" Then a couple days later I realized. My man is RUNNING THE MARATHON that day.

We really like this band. We (he) seriously considered whether he could get up at 5:30am, run for 26.2 miles, get in the car, drive for 2 hrs and go to the show and stand up for 3 more hours, get back in the car and drive 2 hrs to get back around 24 hours after this day began. Wisely (or not) I talked him out of it.

We sold the tickets (for face value which I am really kind of proud about because I saw them going for triple the price. I really hope my friend's research assistant had a fantastic time).  Next time we are there.

But instead it was the marathon.
Dude in the orange ended up winning. Although I have to say 
I think that if you finish the marathon, you won it.

The Eugene Marathon is really an incredible event and I am so proud that my man has been a part of it. He is incredible too. He had a PR and took over 15 minutes off his time from last year. 

There was a Will Ferrel impersonator among the spectators/supporters this year.
F said he saw this guy at four different spots along the course, which is more than I even made. The runners were (mainly) loving it. I heard one runner say "show off that gut!" I guess if you are running a marathon you are allowed to say things like that.

It turns out May 1st is quite popular for events, because as well as Fleet Foxes and the Eugene Marathon, my man's sister also was going to get married that day. But she kindly moved it to the next weekend, which meant that we got to go to Baltimore for a long weekend. 

And I got to wear a cute dress. And orange shoes.

Not to trivialize how hard it is on the feet to run a marathon, but I felt like my feet *might* have been as sore than my man's after 6 hours in those 5 1/2 inch heels. Totally worth it though.

On another note, I am going to play poker this week. Last time I played it did not end well.

I really don't like losing. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for the update. I love those kicking, sassy orange 5 inch heels. Do you think I would like the fox band? I do like watching the intro video.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good...