Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Rest of the Best (of 2011)

So this is lame BUT...
I had a baby before I could finish this list! I will be posting more about her soon, but in the spirit of "clearing the deck" (this is what I call it when I justify doing little, unimportant things first, before the big ones - usually for work/school projects) I am finishing the list with very little commentary... because I am busy now - for real. All those other times I said that, I had no idea.

Without further ado
#5
Ryan Adams - Ashes and Fire

#4
Megafaun - Self-Titled Full Length

#3
Head and the Heart - Self-Titled Full Length

#2
Blitzen Trapper - American Goldwing

#1 (BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR!)
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
I love me a concept album! Especially a concept that resonates so well for me (and I suspect would for all young Gen Xers and old Gen Yers). The album is a soul search...
Starts with:
So now I am older,
Than my mother and father,
When they had their daughter,
Now what does that say about me.
Oh how could I dream of,
Such a selfless and true love,
Could I wash my hands of?
Just lookin out for me...

The rest of the songs continue on this third-life crisis tone, Helplessness Blues... the reaction to being a kid who is told you can do anything you want to in life. You are the best. Follow your passion! etc. Great.... but what do I want to do? What is my passion?....
but this concluding sound just KILLS it. I love that it ends on such an uplifting and postive/hopeful note.
I think I shared this video before but I don't care.

In that dream I could hardly contain it
All my life I will wait to attain it

Should I become a mommy blogger now? Just kidding! Maren has her own blog! Email me for the password (cause she's just a baby you all). www.marenrocks.wordpress.com!

1 comment:

  1. Well, now you know a new definition for "busy". I liked your introduction. I watched the Fleet Foxes again. Love both the blogs! Love you, happy new year! Momma bird

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good...