Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...


Do people knock on the front door in your neighborhood? To ask you if you want to buy tamales? No? Hmm. Because they do at our house.
What about window washing offers? Not interested? But, he has references! This car is unrelated to either of those services, but is often seen in these parts.
I heart Whiteaker.
*edit: My man removed his stereo from the car on the way home from dinner last night saying "Friday is the night we always get robbed."

5 comments:

  1. What great services you have in that Whiteaker place you live! I wish I could have tamales delivered to my door- are they made in front of you or have they been previously prepared with love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they ask in Spanish or English??? In ABQ, I have people come to my door selling all sorts of shit but they don't speak english!!! Silly sellers. Can't wait to meet your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spanish here too. Shaky grasp of English was displayed. There was no comprehension of the statement "I don't eat meat." Not sure it was lost in translation or whether they simply couldn't understand why one wouldn't eat meat in general - nevermind meat filled tamales that had been sitting in a cooler for who knows how long...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send the tamale sellers to my place! We had one in Fresno, and man, do I miss her tamales!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good...