Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

So Much Good in Every Word: 2011 Best Album(s) #9

Desperately trying to get this list out before people don't care about 2011 music anymore! (too late?)

#9
The Stepkids - Self-Titled Full Length Debut! 
For your listening pleasure:



One reason I think that I love this album so much is that I don't listen to anything else like it. Most bands I can describe like - they are kind of like ______ but add a little ______ and a little less ______. Maybe I can't do that with Stepkids because I don't really know R & B (And I only know this music is considered R & B because it made Spin's Best of R & B list.... who would have thought? Sidenote: I have never heard of any other musicians on their list other than the aforementioned Charles Bradley). But, maybe it's because they are a really original group of dudes putting out some ubercool music. I also like a little funny in my music - and they got it. Check em out!

Our vinyl just arrived special order the other day = heavy rotation over here.

2 comments:

  1. Wait! This is so off this subject but you didn't like Bossypants!! ??? I listened to it while driving the half hour to and from town and I LOL'd the whole book!! Maybe it's because T. Fey was reading it outloud but I thought it was so entertaining! Shoot.
    Any who!! I'm loving my CDs you made me!! And love learning about all the best music out there in the real world!! Thanks for being so fresh buddy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see where it could be improved by listening to her... I just didn't like it. I felt like she was a whiner and had a real chip on her shoulder about being a "woman in comedy".... Anyway - I am waiting for my friend to finish up Is Everyone Hanging Out Somewhere Without Me? Can't wait.
    Sidenote: I am in the thick of the SIR Paul McCartney bio and, let me tell you, he was QUITE a bad boy when they were young. I am shocked.
    No problem on the music. I am trying to get the whole top 10 out in the next week or so. Glad you like the tunes!! Maybe I should do a music giveaway on here, I wonder if that's legal.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good...