Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

"I can't read and don't care and education is awful"

I don't really like cornbread and I'm pretty sure I've never had butterbeans, but this song sure is sweet.

Carolina Chocolate Drops

A lot has happened since the last blog.

I discovered slugs in my garden. Their days are numbered.
Did a couple radio shows.

I turned 31.

I presented for twenty-five (count 'em, two-five) minutes about my structural equation model.
Thusly completing my first year as a doctoral student. The same presentation that caused me to have a mental breakdown in my PhD advisor's office on my birthday.

But the most important, raddest thing that happened is that momma bird sent me this gift:


My iPad makes me feel really cool. Until my dad told me it's for "seniors." I don't care. i LOVE it.

To celebrate my first day off I decided to procrastinate.
Because even though I am done being a student for a couple months, in 12 days I go back to being a teacher. I should be writing my syllabus and composing assignments and reading the textbook. 


See my textbook there, right under the People Magazine?

Or I could be taking care of the furious ant problem that has been brewing here in our home sweet home. But you know what? My man really likes handling that type of stuff. (Please, friends, do not ever do a google image search for "ant infestation." I don't know what I was thinking)

I could have taken Floyd to the dog park. This dog thinks I am seriously boh-ring. 
I tell him only boring dogs get bored. 



Or just cleaning in general, since my mom will be getting here in 2 days (!!!). Confirming wedding stuff... But, damn, it felt good to do nothing. 
And by nothing I mean napping

mixed with feeding my Bravo addiction.



Did you hear Bethenny has her own show? It's all queued up

Tomorrow we are celebrating my birthday with a trip to the Oregon Coast (as I was somewhat otherwise occupied on the real day having mental breakdowns in professors' offices, see above). I hope it is warmer than the last time we went.

At least we had the place to ourselves

Do you think Floyd will like the water? Stay tuned...
He looks nervous, right?

2 comments:

  1. Floyd always looks either afraid, nervous, anxious, worried, apprehensive, on edge, edgy, tense, stressed, agitated, uneasy, restless, worked up, keyed up, overwrought, jumpy; fearful, frightened, scared, shaky, in a cold sweat, gun-shy; informal with butterflies in one's stomach, jittery, twitchy, in a state, uptight, wired, in a flap, het up, strung out, having kittens. love to Floyd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell Floyd I bought him something today that I know he needs and will enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good...