Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yo Teach!

Why do I love my man? Because when I was worried about my first day of teaching in over a year, he reassured me:
"I know you're smart - I've seen you rap!"
Just so you guys know those blue lines are links.... it makes the blog a lot funnier, trust me. That's right you have to click the link to see Jason "Rushmore" Schwartzman inspire kids with his hipness. I hope I can inspire the kids as much as Yo Teach! Did anyone see Funny People? That movie was hilarious! I wonder how Yo Teach! would have dealt with Max Fisher... So this reminds me of something that tends to happen in my classroom... um, I get sidetracked.
"Best play ever, man."


But friends, I really do like teaching. I haven't been at the head of the class since last spring and it felt good to be back. What is better than having a captive audience for 2.5 hours while you ramble on about stuff that you think is super interesting? Not much that I have found so far.  I'll be teaching for two months so I'll be sure to report the quote of the week or some other foolishness of that sort. 
This week was busy because momma bird was here and we had the normal frenzy of activity. Lots of shopping, movie watching, yardwork and PROJECTS. I saw Hot Tub Time Machine and Toy Story 3 in the same 48 hours. We saw the sights in the big city. 
Ok, ok, Portland, now I believe you - you are the rose city. 

The cool thing about my neighborhood is if you put something you don't need anymore, such as old pots and pans, two semi-functional vacuums, piles of high-school era clothing, etc., outside in the yard someone who needs it takes it in a matter of minutes. Guys, there was a bra out there. Someone took it. Let's hope it was for a costume for this:

Wedding Friday night (not ours). Ms. Whiteaker pageant Saturday. I think it's too late for me to enter the competition but I can't wait to see the evening wear and the 3 minute talent portions. It's gonna be even better than Rollerderby.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that your students seemed okay. Saw the video - funny! Wouldn't it be nice if teaching was that easy? We did do a lot didn't we? Can't wait to hear about the Miss Whiteaker pageant:-) I bet it will be hilarious. Well, Momma Bird has been napping off and on today. Miss you and can't wait to see you in 8 weeks. Keep those kids in line! Love you:-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good...